The 2022 Election will be coordinated with Weld County on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Up for election this year are three Board of Trustee seats.
The election calendar, Candidates running for Trustee seats and any ballot questions will be posted here as information becomes available.,
The following information is from the 2020 election.
The election will be coordinated with Weld County on Tuesday, November 3, 2020. Up for election this year are three (3) Board of Trustee seats and the Mayor seat.
Candidates running for Mayor:
Candidates running for Trustee:
Persons wishing to run for the Gilcrest Town Board must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- Resident of Gilcrest at least 12 consecutive months preceding date of election
- Registered elector
- Maintains residence throughout term of office
CANDIDATE ELECTION CALENDAR
- August 4 First day to circulate nomination petitions
- August 24 Last day to circulate nomination petitions, signed affidavit of circulator and acceptance of nomination due in Town Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m.
- August 31 Last day nomination petitions may be amended to correct or replace signatures
- August 31 Last day for filing affidavit of intent for write-in candidates
- September 1 Last day candidates may withdraw from nomination
- September 3 Drawing by lot to determine order of candidates listed on ballot NOON at Town Hall
- September 4 Call the Weld County Election Office at (970) 304-6525 ext. 3109 to leave a voice mail on how to pronounce your name and state which race you are running for (Town of Gilcrest Mayor or Town of Gilcrest Trustee)
- October 13 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the municipal clerk
- October 30 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the municipal clerk
- November 3 Election Day
- December 3 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the municipal clerk
For more information please contact
Brenda Joseph, Town Clerk at (970) 737-2426