The 2022 Election will be coordinated with Weld County on Tuesday, November 8, 2022. Up for election this year are three Board of Trustee seats.
The Board of Trustees has stated an intention of placing a ballot question to the voters to allow chicken hens in residential neighborhoods within the town limits. The Board of Trustees will also be considering a ballot question to eliminate Term Limits.
Candidates running for Trustee seats and any ballot questions will be posted here as information becomes available.
Persons wishing to run for the Gilcrest Town Board must meet the following criteria:
- U.S. citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- Resident of Gilcrest at least 12 consecutive months preceding date of election
- Registered elector
- Maintains residence throughout term of office
CANDIDATE ELECTION CALENDAR
- August 9 First day to circulate nomination petitions
- August 29 Last day to circulate nomination petitions, signed affidavit of circulator and acceptance of nomination due in Town Clerk’s office by 5:00 p.m. Objections to nomination petitions must be filed with Town Clerk within 3 days.
- September 1 Last day nomination petitions may be amended to correct or replace signatures
- September 6 Last day for filing affidavit of intent for write-in candidates
- September 6 Last day candidates may withdraw from nomination
- September 8 Drawing by lot to determine order of candidates listed on ballot. NOON at Town Hall
- September 9 Call the Weld County Election Office at (970) 400-3109 to leave a voice mail on how to pronounce your name and state which race you are running for (Town of Gilcrest Trustee)
- October 18 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the Town Clerk
- November 4 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the Town Clerk
- November 8 Election Day
- December 8 Contribution reports required by Fair Campaign Practice Act to be filed with the Town Clerk
For more information please contact
Brenda Joseph, Town Clerk at (970) 737-2426